Last updated: September 2022
Personal Information We Obtain and How We Use It
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To send you press releases and other corporate or financial updates;
- To notify you of corporate events;
- For editorial and feedback purposes;
- For marketing and promotional purposes;
- For content improvement;
- To notify you about updates to the Services; or
- To take other actions in response to your inquiries or other website activities
Please note that if you decline to provide any of the requested information (whether or not required), you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services and their features.
How We Protect the Personal Information We Collect
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose the Personal Information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your Personal Information with:
- HBC Family: We may share collected Personal Information within the Hudson’s Bay Company family of affiliated companies (including Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Hudson’s Bay Company, and future additions to the HBC family). We may use Personal Information collected about you from our family of affiliated companies to communicate with you about the company, including our corporate events.
- Legal Disclosures: HBC may disclose the Personal Information we receive from and about you to respond to judicial process and provide Personal Information to law enforcement agencies in accordance with applicable law. We also reserve the right to share Personal Information with legal authorities and other companies 1) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, 2) to prevent physical harm or financial loss, 3) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and/or 4) to avoid injury to our rights or the rights of any other person.
- Sale of Business: During the normal course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires all or a part of a business within the HBC family of affiliated companies, Personal Information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against a business within the HBC family of companies, such Personal Information may be considered an asset of the company and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf when the Personal Information is necessary for them to perform their duties. For example, service providers who plan and assist with registration for our events, facilitate the Site and overall operation, and perform functions on our behalf, such as monitoring visitors to our Site, sending postal mail and email, and analyzing data. These third-party service providers are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws and requirements.
The Site uses “cookies,” which are small pieces of information stored by your browser or other application on your computer's browser or hard drive. The cookies are used to connect your computer with information stored about your online activity, searches and preferences both within the same website visit and from one visit to the next on the Site and/or other websites. Some examples of this data include your account preferences, user specific information on pages accessed, searched terms or addresses entered, and previous visits to the Site. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when your browser is closed, and a persistent cookie may stay on your hard drive for an extended period. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our Site; persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users so as to enhance the overall experience of using our Site.
The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you. The Site does not control and does not guarantee the effectiveness of browser-based tools for managing cookies.
Under Age 13
The Site is not specifically directed toward children, and Hudson’s Bay does not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 13 on the Site without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Under Age 18
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they provide to us through the Site deleted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your Personal Information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Do Not Track Requests
- To learn more about managing your privacy and storage settings and opting out from receiving third party advertiser cookies, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
What are California Privacy Rights?
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of our notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your Personal Information in the past year, please submit a written request to the following address specifying that you want a copy of HBC’s "California Privacy Rights" notice: 225 Liberty Street, 31st Floor, New York, NY 10281 Attn: California Privacy. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
What choices do I have about opting out of communications from HBC?
You may opt out from receiving communications from HBC in the following ways:
- Electronic Promotional Offers: At all times, you have the option of "opting out" of receiving promotional emails from the sender only by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any of the promotional emails you receive.
- Other Contact: In all cases, you may email us at email@example.com or write to us at HBC, 225 Liberty Street, 31st Floor, New York, NY 10281, Attn: Privacy.
Cross-border transfer of Personal Information
The Site is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States. If you are located in the EEA, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that Personal Information we collect is transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any Personal Information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance, storage and transfer of such Personal Information in and to the United States in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and waive any claims that may arise under those laws.